The Xbox 360 is the second game console made by Microsoft, and was released November 22, 2005.

Question Closed

4 red rings on XBOX 360 Core system with error code E47

Hi

On my white XBOX 360 Core system after i switch on it starts with green rings and then a few minutes late all 4 red rings stating Error Code 47

could u please let me know what the problem is.

and if there is available fix to fix this

thanks

Most Helpful Answer

Tony, here is my answer from a very similar question "From what I gather this is a problem with the Graphics chip on the main board. The e47 error is identified by one flashing red light The one flashing red light indicates there is this problem with the GPU, possibly caused by cold solder joints. The RROD fix my work for a while, the other thing you could try is to reflow your board. Hope this helps, good luck." E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU. O wopu;ld also suggest that you try to get a secondary error code, it can assist you with further trouble shooting. Here is how you do that:"

Turn the xbox 360 on, and wait till the 3 red lights are flashing.

Press and hold the sync up button (the small white one), while holding that button press the eject button.

The LEDs will now blink the first number in the code (as described below).

Release the eject button and press it again.

The LEDs will now blink the second number of the code.

The LEDs will now blink the third number of the code.

The LEDs will now blink the forth number of the code.

The LEDs will go back to the 3 red flashing lights.

from here. Hope this helps, good luck.