Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

No Service when 3G is enabled.

Dear iFixit,

I am having a problem for a bit with my old 3GS: I get very poor connection when 3G is enabled. Basically, I have some network for a few minutes (10-15, it varies) then switches to "searching" and then "No Network". I usually don't get any network back.

It is interesting to note that when 3G is off, I have absolutely no problem getting a stable GPRS/EDGE connection.

I am currently running iOS v6.1, but I have this problem for ages.

Therefore my question is: Is there a different antenna for 3G and EDGE/GRPS? Would you recommend changing it?

Regards,

Most Helpful Answer

Hello,first off all sorry for bad eng. but ill try to help you

So i saw a lot users od iphone have problem with iphone 3g/gs. No service on 3g network or when its off,i have that phone also and i have solution that worked 100%

problem is on signas switcher that is located on this picture you can see them: lower part of iphone.

http://i87.servimg.com/u/f87/13/27/39/62...

So here it is,take a hair dryer,a turn it on,heat this chips for about 10 sec,then whit your fingers push chips on logicboard,get iphone back on,go to settings-reset then reset network settings,and its workig :)

if its now working try to heat and push chips again

please share this solution becouse i cant see any other solution for this problem

and please correct my words if there is something wrong

jurica, nice answer, but can you describe the location of the "signas switcher" a bit better?

I do it by the way,but it does not work.

I must push chips on logicboard more powerfully?

i had the same problem with an old 3GS. It was an error in the logic board, without a chance to fix it.

can this problem be solved in same manner for android phones?

Ace Spizzer will be eternally grateful.