Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

No power button, no signal

I replaced my friends display assembly following all the ifix it manual.

On turning the phone back on the power button would not work and still does not work, is it a dodgy contact somewhere?

The phone also states it is searching for signal although i am able to call out, receive calls and texts.

That's just a software issue - It'll go away after a while or after you reboot/turn airplane mode on/off. I think this issue started appearing after iOS 5.

You might inadvertently have broken the power button flex cable although you might be lucky it just isn't properly connected.

Steven will be eternally grateful.