PlayStation 3

The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

What are the four black chips on the mobo.

Right below the GPU and CPU. Can some one tell me what they are and what they do? Their are four on the back too.

ericambrose32, it would really help if you post an image. I have a feeling I know what you are looking at, but hate to guess.

by oldturkey03

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/S... The two below the RSX and the two below the Cell BE.

by ericambrose32

ericambrose32, those a memory IC's. They are EDX5116ACSE and are a "512M bits XDR™DRAM organized as 32M words X16 bits. It is a general-purpose high-performance Memory device suitable for use in a broad range of applications." Hope this helps, good luck

Thanks for the info. I was still unable to fix it so I took it in to have it look at and they told me that there was a shot on the broad so its dead :( but I do want to say thank you for your advice and I learned a lot form messing with it, and it will soon be on eBay for parts.

by ericambrose32

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you on selling it.

by oldturkey03

ericambrose32 will be eternally grateful.