Model A1137 / 1, 2, or 4 GB capacity / black or white plastic front

82 Questions View all

I think I fried my iPod with the wrong power source.

I plugged my iPod into my inMotion speakers, but it turns out I had the wrong power adapter connecting the speakers to the wall. The speakers say DC IN 5V, and the adapter says 9V 1.11a.

I didn't know it was the wrong adapter until I inserted my iPod and the speakers (still off) started making a buzzing sound. The iPod then displayed: Connect to iTunes to restore. When I felt the upper back case, it was hot, and now it won't turn on at all. I've tried connecting to iTunes (nothing happened), reseting (nothing) and trying another power source (nothing).

What part of my iPod do I need to replace?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

mtbiker90, I'd start with the battery. Hopefully it is just the charging circuit of the battery that received a jolt of extra power and not the power management IC etc. Use this guide to replace the battery and see if it works. Hope this helps, good luck.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

I'll try that.

Thanks!

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

mtbiker90 will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 3

All Time: 347