Model A1237 or A1304 / 1.6, 1.8, 1.86, or 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Replaced the lcd and now the backlight does not work

Hi

I just replaced the lcd and now the backlight does not work, my apple is Macbook air, 11 inches model A1370, 2011. Can you help me find the problem? do you think it is the problem with the new lcd board, or the cable of the backlight? if there is any problem with the cable how can i fix that?

Thanks a lot

Just out of curiosity, did you ever get an answer to your backlight issue? Thanks.

Hi

I debugged the entire circuit and got some useful clues. Do you have a similar problem?

I also designed a new circuit to replace the original one. This one is simpler but works quite good like the original one...

Did you replace just the LCD or the whole assembly?

I just replaced the lcd, the backlight was working with my old lcd. The new lcd works but not backlight. I think that might be because of the new lcd that is not compatible with my macbook. the lcd board is little bit different with the old one...

Im not quite sure which model you have. It's a little confusing. If you let me know which model you have I might be better help

You mentioned you have a 2011 11" but the thing with these lcds they come separated without the backlight (also they're extreme difficult to replace)

Or they come as an assembly which include the LCD, the backlight, and the aluminum lid.

Hi Alfonso,

Thanks for your reply,

My laptop model is A1370, Mac Book Air, 2011, 11 inches.

I just replaced the lcd and not the entire assembly, I tried to use the original backlight. The new lcd works (if there is a little bit of light you can see the screen) but the backlight does not turn on.

I googled a bit in some Forums and they said it might be due to the fuse of backlight in logic board or the converter board of the lcd. As I compare the two lcd converter boards, they look a little bit different. Do you think it is because of that or the fuse or something else?

Navid

Sorry I havent kept up with your inquiry. I don't get notifications to let me know anyone's replied.

I'm not sure with the 11" model but I know for the 13" model the backlight plugs into the LCD circuitry. If you didn't unplug it you probably tore it(again these MacBooks are extremely difficult to replace LCD)

Navid km will be eternally grateful.