Released in February of 2006, the Dell Inspiron E1505 is a duo CPU widescreen laptop that boasts increased performance compared to the Inspiron 6000 that it replaces.

Screen sometimes comes on

My laptop dell has a problem . My problem is sometimes i see my screen and and other times no view . I hear the cd rom and hardrive .Try going in boot mode can get in . Need help .

vincenzomule , it is possible that this is caused by a bad inverter, bad LCD or broken display cable. Narrow it down by starting of with an external monitor. This way you know your GPU (video card) is okay.

Well i tried an external monitor no screen display .......

Since the external monitor has a different pathway then the LCD , it appears as if you are having GPU troubles. You could try a reflow of the motherboard and see if that will resolve it.

a repair tech told me it is the video card is that possible?

Yes, it is absolutely possible. your external monitor does not get any video, my suspicion is with a bad "video card" Here is the problem, the laptop does not have a dedicated video card, but it is part of the motherboard. This means you might have to replace the motherboard.

Can you not get an external video processor?

vincenzomule will be eternally grateful.