The Epson Stylus Photo R2400 is a color inkjet photo printer.

Every Print head is clogged!

So i havent used my printer in some time. Last time i used it it wouldn't print the magenta so I gave up on it, and put it away. It is a $800 printer and I would like to be able to use it. However now when i do a test print it wont print squat. I have seen various ways of unclogging the heads using windex but I am apprehensive about them. I use this printer for gallery prints and clients. Andy pointer would be great.

Here is a URL on cleaning your printhead. Ralph

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewtopic.ph...

Please read all the way through as there are several methods. Ralph

The problem with these is the head design and the thickness of Epson ink. This is more of a problem on the DuraBrite pigment models but the dye printers (Claria, etc.) can clog like this just as easily. The best way to fix it is a hot water or 70% alcohol and hot water injection, or removing the printhead and soaking it if you can remove it without damage. Most Epson printers get damaged by mere attempts. You should also be aware of the mess this procedure makes, so wear gloves if you do not want to get ink stains on your skin.

If you go with hot water and alcohol, here's how you do it:

• Loosen the printhead. On some models, there will be a white tab you can push to free the head up. On others you will need to put it into ink change mode, remove the cartridges and unplug the printer. The easiest way to tell is to see if the printhead comes to the center when you open the lid.
  • Fold some napkins up and put them in the printer's track. You will need to make sure you do not put too many in or the head will not go there easily. The average is 3-5.
  • Remove the ink cartridges from the printhead. Set these aside somewhere safe.
  • Get a plastic tube and syringe that can accept this tube. Get your 70% alcohol and push it through the printhead slowly to get the dried ink out. Do this 2-3 times.
  • Once you do this, push distilled water through the printhead and do this 5-6 times to make sure the alcohol is out of the printhead.
  • Dry the printhead spikes with a lint-free cloth.Once you do this, run a nozzle check and see if it's clear. If not, repeat this until all of the ink comes out of the printhead. Run a nozzle check once a week to keep the ink from drying out if you do not use the printer on a regular basis.

You have one of the few Epson printers that can have the head removed without damage, but I still do not recommend this unless you are willing to risk destroying your printer. To remove the head you typically remove 2-4 screws and disconnect flat flex cables. You will then soak the printhead rather then use syringes and plastic tubing.

I sujest one thing that you have to use high quality printing ink suitable with your machine ,i think some time unmatching inks may cause to blocking head. get service from service provider

I recommend you having the printer cleaned by people who does maintenance on Epson printers.Or you could get some cleaning kit for print head.Here are something you maybe need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i78Tu3RVO...

what I found to use on my Epson Artisan 50 and R280 was to use Windex with Ammonia. I used a syringe with about 2-3 " of flexible tube on the end. I used some new fuel line for my chainsaw, it is clear and very soft and flexible. I removed the cartridge and drew up any remaining ink in the print head.Then I drew up Windex into the syringe and squirted in with medium pressure into the "cone" the cartridge goes on, then left the syringe attached with Windex overnight. In the morning I pulled back on the syringe plunger and squirted the muck into the sink, do this several times. You can also inject water, used distilled , not tap or mineral , to flush out. Try first to draw out as much as you can so you don't force stuff back into the nozzles. You may have to do this process several times. Your cartridge at this time may have a vapor lock to get it flowing again I bought from MSI Ink or inksupply.com a tip that fits on the syringe that looks just like the cone on the print head you can draw out ink till it flows, do a cleaning cycle and you are back in business, they also have high quality ink.

Old post but for anyone that comes along DO NOT USE WINDEX WITH AMMONIA to clean your print head! There is a coating of oil on the print head designed to keep it wet. The windex will remove it and your print head will be prone to dry out if not used nearly daily.

Or head damage in the printer is?

matajuro will be eternally grateful.