0

SHARAD SONDE
11

No Display with external monitor

The original Dell Inspiron 640m laptop display stopped working 2 years back and hence, I started using external monitor. Now, my Dell Laptop stopped displaying on external monitor. I tested my monitor with another computer to be sure that the monitor is good. What do you think is wrong? If it is graphics card, then is it easy to replace? How much would it cost? Also, if you sell display screen for this Dell Inspiron 640m, then how much would it cost? Are your parts guaranteed for 1 year or so?

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , SHARAD SONDE ( )

0

SHARAD SONDE, sounds like you have a GPU error. The video card is an integrated part of the mother board, as such you would have to replace the motherboard. You could try and get a reflow of the board, which may cost as much as a new board. Of course, make sure that all cables are properly seated. you can get the service manual from here. Hope this helps, good luck.