The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

water damage no sound

Hi, i dropped my S3 i9300 in water, i opened it and let it dry for a day post that i cleaned all the connections and put it back together,, made certain all is connected nicely.

So the phone is working fine the touch is good, camera is good, i can send and receive sms, chat i can brows net,, etc

The problem is..

there is no audio on the mobile, i cannot listen to any music, no ringer, no sound, only vibration ..

i cannot make or receive call, the call goes through technically, no no audio,, so cant listen on talk..

Please help

did you ever get an answer to this? i have the same problem

Me too! Someone HELP!!!

Same here man only with my samsjng s4

T

My Samsung 1612 dropped in water and it's sound system does not work.

My LG k 500 n dropped in water yesterday.

I'd put it in charge.

My sound system is not working.

Hi gill,

Here are some suggestions:

1. Does the phone work on headphones/earphones?

2. Is the flight mode switched on?

3. Have you tried the app SoundAbout?

However, since your phone experienced a water damage, there could still be water on the motherboard that causes this issue. I recommend taking the phone apart (using this guide). Now lay the motherboard into isopropyl alcohol (90%) for about 10 minutes, take it out of this "bath" and let it dry for a couple of days next to a warm source (air conditioning, for example). Put everything together again and then test it again.

Steffen

Same thing happened to me. I poured a little isopropyl alcohol into the bottom two holes and now everything works fine. DON'T BE AFRAID. Alcohol does not conduct electricity!

Hi there, this is a little late but can you give the exact steps of what you did?

Yes...please elaborate....did you have to some how get the ipa out afterwards?

Like literally soak the phone in rubbing alcohol?

So my phone works with headphones but not without…

Why is this occur?

Is it something to do with the water damage?

Hi @k8334 ,

Did your phone get wet?

If it did there's a fair chance that the water and subsequent corrosion that has occurred has caused some damage.

The best way to find out is to open the phone and inspect it for any damage.

You'll need to clean away any corrosion using Isopropyl Alcohol 90%+ (available at most pharmacies) and after you're satisfied that all is well that hopefully it will work normally again.

Here's a link that describes the process.

Electronics Water Damage

Use the guide provided in the Chosen Solution above to open the phone.

If this seems to daunting, contact a reputable, professional mobile phone repair service, experienced in water damage repair and ask for a quote to repair the phone.

In the meantime try not to use the phone at all and if you can remove the battery all the better, because more damage can possibly occur to the phone otherwise

gill will be eternally grateful.