1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

The Chevrolet Cavalier is a compact automobile produced from 1982 to 2005 by General Motors.

What is the ets off light for in a 1997 Chevy Cavalier?

the ets off warning dash light is on in my car what is a ets

Is your check engine light on as well.

by oldturkey03

Most Helpful Answer

Susan Syme, you are probably talking about the Enhanced Traction System (ETS) warning light. It will turn on when the engine computer sees a problem. The ETS system monitors wheel speed via the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS). If the ETS system sees a wheel spinning due to snow, ice, rain etc., the ETS computer sends a request to the vehicle's engine computer to reduce torque. If your light is coming on when you are driving in slippery conditions, this is normal. If it staying on all the time, the ETS is either turned off or you have another problem. I would suggest to have it scanned and see if it throws any codes. Most of the larger automotive accessory places like Autozone offer a free scan. Hope this helps, good luck.

How do you turn the ETS on?

What exactly are you looking for? I am a bit confused by your question? does it mean your light is on

by oldturkey03

Susan Syme will be eternally grateful.