Model A1311 / Mid 2011 / 2.5 & 2.7 GHz Core i5 or 2.8 GHz Core i7 Processor

Video card 512mb to 2gb

Please can any one help me with my iMac 21,5 may 2011, I have AMD 6770 512 mb and I want to replace with AMD 6970 or 6990 2gb

Can any one tell me if I can do or if is any way to do?

I know how to replace I open all ready my iMac to do is not a problem, I ask if it fit in or not or if is any way

Thank`s and Regard`s Steph

Apple built some models with upgraded video options at the time of purchase, the video was never intended to be upgraded by a third-party.

However, based on disassembly photos and a variety of teardowns, it appears that some models had the video mounted on its own card and it is theoretically upgradable. Be that as it may, for firmware update & driver compatibility, you'd need to stay with an "OEM upgrade" (AFAIK there isn't one - you already have the "upgraded VGU) so I would advise against changing the VGU. because, after all the expense and labor you could have driver/firmware problems.

IMnsHO if you want a gaming machine sell this iMac and buy one. DIY isn't the answer to every question.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

ibmpc Marian will be eternally grateful.