Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Is 70% Isopropyl alcohol ok to clean an iPhone 3GS?

I was caught in a heavy rainstorm about 3 days ago and my iPhone died on me. I opened it up when I got home and dried off the components with a soft cloth as well as ordered a new LCD & Digitizer and installed those.

The screen works as it should but the backlight is still inactive.

My question is: Is 70% isopropyl alcohol enough to clean the logic board and connectors of the 3GS? I was planning on following the guide posted on this website inorder to do the fix but was just wondering if 70% was too little of an alcohol concentration.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

No. 70% isopropyl is 30 % water. Use methanol.

So if I were to soak or brush the contacts with it it would just ruin the phone further? Also, would 90% or 99% be the right choice then?

90% + should be fine.

And 90%+ is available at places such as Target or Walmart correct?

Andrew Novotny, I get my stash of 99% through my local pharmacist. The larger retail stores are not really good in getting those items, not a big selling item for the.

I don't know, I use Methanol. Call them.

Andrew Novotny will be eternally grateful.