Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Replaced Dock Connector, Speaker not working.

I just replaced an iPhone 4S Dock Connector with iFixit parts. Everything seems to be working except the speaker. No music or speakerphone output. Charging works, microphone works.

Before I tear into it again, is this likely a loose connector or a defective dock connector or something else?

Thanks.

The speaker suddenly began to work which suggests there is a pin alignment or connector issue but I won't open it again until the problem reoccurs. Thanks for the detailed reply.

Check to see if the Dock Flex Cable Connector is perfectly down on Logic Board Connector. If OK, then check the two contact points on the new Dock Flex Cable are making perfect contact with the two pins on the Dock Speaker Assembly. Make sure the Dock Speaker Assembly is screwed down correctly. If still a problem, either the new Dock Flex is bad or the Speaker Assembly is bad.

Don will be eternally grateful.