0

ejsprung
1

Monitor won't come on, power brick good, fixable?

My UPS just died, no sound, just shut off and at the same time the Cinema display went dark. Plugging it directly into the wall did nothing (no power light). Figuring it was a surge that killed the power brick, I bought a new power supply.

So, even when using the new power supply plugged into the wall the power-on light on the monitor remains dark.

My regular repair shop says can't be fixed, but I noted that mother/inverter boards are only $50 online. Can anyone tell me if they are mistaken and that it can be fixed or does it sound like time to take it to the recycling dump? (i.e. replace inverter board).

Edited by: Andrew Optimus Goldberg ( )

1

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

An inverter won't help if you're not getting power. Use a multimeter to test and trace down your power route. Here's one in case you don't have it: Digital Multimeter

Digital Multimeter

Versatile multimeter with all the right functions for basic electronics troubleshooting. — 50+ available at 19.95 each.

Edited by: mayer ( )

0

Jeff
1

Is there any youtube on this? I have my cinema display disassembled, I have the multimeter, and I'm aware of certain points to try, but I get nothing so I'm not sure if I'm missing a step somewhere in all of this. I can't determine if my logic board is dead or powersupply isn't feeding enough.