The Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx is a version of the Droid Razr carrying a higher capacity 3,300mAH battery.

end of head phone jack broke off in phone

was listening to music via head phones, into the headphone port.

when i went to pull the headphones out of the port, the end broke off and i am unable to reach it. if i take the phone apart, will i be able to get to this broken part and pull it out?

This worked!!!!!!!!!!

This didn't work, nothing against you, it just pushed it in a LOT more

Help me this didn't work what do I do now

Thanks it worked. I put the super glue on the interior bit of the broken jack (wiped clean the outer bit), pushed it inside, waited for an hour to dry and then yanked it out with fingers crossed. The whole thing came out as one.

I tried the glue method and it did not work for me, now it seems that the piece is glued into my ear jack. Any recommendations please!!

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Take a BIC pen ink tube, insert the tube to the headphone jack and plug the broken tip to the tube and just pull it out, it worked just fine for me, hope you can find this useful.

Just tried this on my S7 and it worked like a charm thanks for the advice

This is an awesome idea. My fiance broke one off in his charge port and we've tried everything we could think of, we will be trying this later!

This Works!!

The BIC Pen instructions worked, GREAT! Merry Christmas,

Easy peasy. Worked perfectly.

this is what i do and it works very well.

try to put a small amount of superglue on the broken end and stick it back in your phone. hold it and let it dry then try to pull it out.

if that doesnt work then take a paperclip straighten the end of it. then hold a lighter underneath it till it is red hot. then stick it in your phone jack and it will melt the plastic and bond to the broken headphone piece so you can pull it out. this method works for me very well

Can u do it with gorilla glue or is a different kind

Thank u really helped got it out

Wow!! My daughter broke the headphone jack in my phone and I was sure it was ruined. I tried the superglue trick and I couldn't believe it worked!! When I first put a dab of glue on the main headphone piece and put it in the phone, I left it in for about 25 seconds and when I pulled it out, it was not fixed, and the glue made it seem as if it wasn't going to come out at all. I put the jack back in, twisted it a bit, pushed in and everything came out in one piece. Absolutely thrilled!! Thank you so much to The PIcklefish!!

Thank you so much! Been trying to get a piece of plastic out of my earphone jack all day. Then I heated a safety pin, inserted it into the plastic, waited and pulled it out! So simple! Thank you for sharing!

Ifixit makes a tool for just this problem...

GripStick Headphone Plug Extraction Tool

GripStick Headphone Plug Extraction Tool Image

Product

$24.99

Well, is it worth buying if the piece has been pushed in as far as it probably possibly go after trying every other method?

Yes, the GripStick would be specially helpful in that situation.

Take a cheap BIC pen and take the ink cartridge out. Then put a small amount of hot glue into the end opposite of where the writing part of the pen is. Quickly insert into the the jack and press for 10 to 15 seconds. Now pull the cartridge out.

It worked for me

You can use any glue hold it down on the thing you trying to get out for 5 minutes and it comes right out but u can only pull as fast and risk it or go as slow as you can and nothing so have fun wish u the best The end

I got the center part of a pen which was too small to do the first method then melted the plastic with a lighterand stuck it in. I waited a while then pulled it out and it worked! So happy.

I think the best way is to use a needle,birthday badgeetc stab it into the rubber part then yank it out it worked for my apple earphones.

I've put my apple headphones it to my iPhone se and I pulled it out and it snapped I've tried all the ways above any other suggestions ?

All of these above are very good but most are for if you can risk damaging the headphones port. I have a broken off end of my headphone stuck in my £700 laptop. I really don't want to ruin the audio port so is there any safe and easy way to remove it

Most of these above are good but are they because most of them involve glue and if the glue sticks to the audio port it could be stuck in forever and for my problem I can't risk ruining my device. The end of my headphone broken off in my £700 laptop and I don't want to try a way with glue to get it out so I need the safest and easiest way to remove it.

I was listening to music and I set my phone in my pocket and I must of moved wrong and the jack of ear phones got suck in my phone so I took a pin cartridge and put it in the hole then I pulled a piece of it out but there was still some in there so I took some small nettle nose plires and in a sideways motion I took the pliers and pulled it out so basically I dug it out but be careful it could mess up your phone

Charlotte will be eternally grateful.