Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Install windows 7 on a MacBook Pro with no internal keyboard?

Hi there two days ago my internal keyboard and track pad left me. I have a late 2011 mac book pro. i can install Lion or Mountain Lion but i can't install Windows in any way. I tried with original DVD non original DVD, USB drive. Nothing works just a black screen sometimes a blinking cursor. I think it's the absence of internal keyboard. All the rest works fine. Any idea? I tried reformatting, using bootcamp and resetting the ram. I think it just aborts the installation before launching it. It seems impossible to install Windows on that machine independently from Mac.

How about getting your keyboard & track pad working first, before trying to install BootCamp & Windows software. Starting off with a broken system could effect the install process.

In any case you need to install BootCamp first then install Windows when BC looks for the Windows install files.

Make sure you have the newest version of BC and review the read me to review the requirements & the install process. If your HD is already full you won't be able to install BC/Windows. In that case you'll need to clean things up and make a backup then reformat the HD so BC can create the needed second volume to install Windows.

Yes, you could install Windows without BootCamp but you'll need to install it first to get the needed Windows hardware drivers off. Then you can scratch the HD and run Windows natively (no Mac OS at all). This is not a supported config from Apple and does take some doing.

Thanks for the answer. Well the repair would cost me 500 euros, while with a USB mouse and a keyboard i can do it with 10! There is a kind of sensible difference! Their prices are just crazy! Anyway i reformatted everything and erased the HD several ties, with the zero data depth, i reset the RAM and still Bootcamp won't start the new Windows Installation. It's no standard error so far i know. Their method doesn't work. I guess it's the keyboard problem stopping the installation. Now i bought a new keyboard to fix the problem but the problem is power supply to the keyboard, The keyboard works but it's like its power goes on and off. I know it's typical problem because of ill designing of the USB3 on the motherboard. So i don't know if changing the keyboard would fix it or it's the motherboard.... i fear it's the motherboard causing malfunction of the keyboard and windows installation doesn't like it.. sorry for the long answer

alberto will be eternally grateful.