Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Top case water damaged, do I have to change motherboard?

APPLE MACBOOK PRO 13" A1278 2010

It has water damage at the keyboard and touchpad recently. The keyboard and the touchpad are acting strangely. I could use an external keyboard connected to the usb port and it would act correctly; however, an external mouse would't help the touchpad issue (does this mean the motherboard is partly broken??). So I am wondering if this is the only part I should buy to fix the problem (just to replace the whole top case) (I found this on ebay), OR do I need to buy another motherboard and the top case?

That's a very good price on the topcase (I just bought one for stock). I think you have more than one account here.

mcaalon will be eternally grateful.