Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

USB Drive doesn't detect

Ok, So I purchased a Macbook Pro that doesn't have an optical drive in it because the guy I purchased it from didn't describe until I checked my apple warranty and they told me to buy the superdrive, well I did that, and it is not recognizing the system and I called up Apple Care and now they are telling me to buy a third party usb drive to run my cd's and dvd's, I purchased the Macbook Pro last summer on Ebay and I just want to know if there is an Optical drive that is combatiable with the Macbook Pro with an Optical already installed on it?

Please clarify your question. Do you now have an optical drive in the machine?

Start by properly Identifying your Mac (saying your purchased a MacBookPro is like saying you purchased a FORD). Once you've done that you'll be able to locate the part you need.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Dustin will be eternally grateful.