Why my MacBook Pro can't find my HDD in the Superdrive bay?

Why my Macbook Pro can't find my HDD (SATA) in the Superdrive bay (PATA)?

I changed my original HDD by a SSD HDD? Then, I changed my Superdrive (PATA connection) by the original HDD (SATA connection) with a caddy PATA-SATA.

My MacBook Pro can't find my HDD but I can hear it running.

Does anyone know what is the problem?

Can the problem is the PATA-SATA adapter?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

Try switching the drives.

Had the same issue, just bought a new internal connector from ifixit. If that doesn't work, both the connector and the replacement HDD go back!

I have the same problem. I've already tried to switch them but it doesn't work. But if I try to connect the bay through the superdrive external usb adapter (that i've bought with the bay to use the superdrive as external) it works! so it's not the bay...it could be the logic board, or the SATA-superdrive connector (i hope!).

Can't you suggest any software (also through terminal) reset, or something else, that can force the Superdrive connection??or something to understeand if the problem is the logic board or the connector..??

If not, i think i'll buy a sata cable, and hope it will be the solution.

There is no software solution to a hardware problem. If the board, connector or drive is bad, it's bad. Only hardware replacement or repair can change that.

Pablo will be eternally grateful.