iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

new battery wont charge?

hi,i have changed my old battery for a genuine one from the apple shop,but it wont hold a charge in my iphone 4,yet when i put it in to my sons iphone4,it charges fine,and his wont charge in mine.i have tried a re install,and different cables/chargers in different sockets in my house,but nothing works, please help, thanks, RONNIE.

RONNIE, if it does not charge, and obviously it works in the other phone, it is possible that you have a bad dock connector. That is the part that distributes the signals from the cable. I would start by replacing that one first. Here is the guide for it, and the part is available right here as well as many other places. There are of course a few other possibilities, like bad connection to the battery contacts and burned out components, but start with the dock connector first, after that reevaluate and let us know. Hope this helps, good luck.

Mentioned Items

iPhone 4 Dock Connector Image

iPhone 4 Dock Connector Replacement

by Walter Galan Difficulty: DifficultNo estimate

thanks a lot for your fast reply.i will order the dock connector now,and when it comes and i put it in,i will let you know how things are, cheers. RONNIE.

Sounds good, keep us in the know. Welcome to ifixit :-)

by oldturkey03

i have an issue whit a iphone 4 i change both the battery and the dock connector but the phone still wont charge if i put a charged battery the phone work but it wont charge i also tried the new dock connector on an other phone and it work

sorry i made a new search and i found an other thread about my problem

RONNIE will be eternally grateful.