1

rick
13

How to replace the power button flex on an HTC Amaze 4g?

The power button flex for the htc amaze 4g is not attached to the logic board in a conventional way. How do you remove the old one and install a new one?

1

Mitch Rush

Rick I found a teardown video for your phone, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA4JToM5u..., hope it helps, its not the best resolution, I watched it and didn't really see any weird connections, if your new at phone surgery there are commonly 2 types of connections excluding direct solder, pop connector and jaw connector, I'm guessing your stumped by the jaw connector, iPhone 4 Dock Connector Replacement, follow step 22, its not your phone but use the same methods on any jaw connector, you can see the blue hook is under a bail, after he lifts it up, it will release the ribbon. If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted

Edited by: Mitch Rush ( )

0

jtryan77
61

No the power button flex cable is attached to the motherboard by some sort of adhesive means, not snapped-in or soldered. It appears to be some sort of glue?

0

jason steedley
1

your right it is adheared with heatless solder paste/adheasive. be very careful attempting this repair as it takes advanced skills to preform.

0

Van Nguyen
1

Oh,htc amaze 4g network T-Mobile button video not run CM 4.12

xam hinh nghe thuat

xam hinh nghe thuat

sua ghe massage

sua ghe massage

Edited by: Van Nguyen ( )

0

Woz2000
1

I posted a procedure to solder a replacement button on the main board. Go to XDA Developers forums and search for it. My forum name there is Woz2000. You can send me a PM there if you need me to do it!