0

andset
21

How to make my SSD works well with my 2nd HDD (hybrid)

i have just receive my OWC data doubler yesterday then install my old hdd in it as a 2nd drive. FYI 1st drive is SSD.

my question is: how can they both work together well?, some said: fusion drive, etc but still..i can't make it works.

they run seperately, my raid 0 beacause some said if i give raid it will slow down the speed of the SSD, but if not i must backup routine.

still...the problem is they run seperately?????

follow many instructions published but nothing changed.

can anyone please help me with my question, many thx guys

best regards,

dre

Edited by: andset ( )

0

Dan

The best way to use your SSD is to make it the booting volume with the OS on it and your apps (static stuff). Then use your HD for your created files, music and videos.

Yes, you could also create a Fusion drive config if you have Mountain Lion and a system that supports it (presently there is no listing on what systems support it or don't). The benefit of doing it is the OS automatically handles what files stay on the SSD Vs the HD.

yes!..true i tried the fusion drive and it's only work for mountain lion or mac mini not for osx lion 10.7.5 :(

andset,

on friday, 11/01/2013 i even upgraded to osx mountain lion to see how it goes. but still..unable to fix the issued :( if there is anyone kind enough to share regarding this matter, most appreciate from me thx guys!!!

andset,

Sorry, Apple hasn't supplied any info on what systems (firmware upgrade?) support Fusion drives.

Dan,

yes thx Dan!, i already asked AppleCare Advisor too...they didn't give me any clue. but some1 tried make the hdd became external and it's works he said, but dunno..., many bad review instead of helping. but i'm still workin' n wondering around for it :))

andset,