Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Screen is on but black after assembly

i am really frustrated at the moment and i hope someone can help me in here.

I tried to change my girlfriends iPhone 4 Homebutton, everything went easy. I was really carefully to. After reassemblying the device, the screen now is on (i see a bit light(like an app with black background)). I tried to restart and reset the phone via itunes but did not help. Reassemblied a couple of times and worked very carefully. Stil no help. Screen goes out after a couple seconds. Pressing the powerbutton brings the "black lightet" screen back again.

What can i do? Please help me out.

Oh poochie you have a Home button to deal with too, the home ribbon flex is so cheap I would buy one and have it on hand before doing another teardown , once inside the phone if the home button ribbon is correctly fastened then I would replace it with the new one, the bad LCD would have nothing to do with the Home button, a link to instructions, iPhone 4 Home Button Replacement, and here for the screen, iPhone 4 Display Assembly Replacement, and for the parts get them from ifixit or here, https://www.gounlock.com/search.php?prod..., If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it

iPhone 4 Home Button Image

Guide

iPhone 4 Home Button Replacement

Difficulty: Difficult2 uren

iPhone 4 Display Assembly Image

Guide

iPhone 4 Display Assembly Replacement

Difficulty: Difficult1 uur

asdfghjk, what a disaster, this will probably keep me off from doing these things myself :(

maybe the home button works im really unsure. When i making a reboot (pressing home button and power button). The screen is on and black for a while and i cant "turn it completly off" with the power button. maybe this is a indication for the happening reboot and so a functioning home button.

First try a hard reset if you already have not, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwY0Cx47m..., if that doesn't fix it then you must have damaged your LCD and it will need to be replaced again, any tiny flex of the LCD will make this happen, so when your prying the screen assembly off the mid frame to fix your home button be SO careful, good luck, If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

thank you for your answer, seems like i was to rough when taking of the lcd.

One more thing, do you think didnt assembly the home button correctly since when pressing it nothing happens? Or could this be just a malfunction of the lcd?

poochie will be eternally grateful.