Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

No display after replacement

My daughter dropped her iphone and cracked the screen. I tried to replace with a 3g screen - finally realised it has a different connector. Now have replaced with two 3gs screens and they will not light up. iPhone will connect through iTunes, but I cannot get the screen to display. Any ideas?

Did you check the connector on the logic board? Check for any bend or broken pins first...

Just looked with magnifying glass. Cannot see anything out of order on cable 1 or 2 sockets. Which cable is the main one supplying power to the screen?

Cable #1 is the LCD and #2 is the digitizer.

Pdaviesoz , sometimes after a new screen assembly is installed it takes a hard reset to jump start it, here is how,, if this doesn't work then I would swap the old LCD to the new digitizer if it wasn't also cracked, a guide, iPhone 3GS Display Replacement, if this doesn't fix it you would need to buy a new one, good luck. If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

pdaviesoz will be eternally grateful.