GSM iPad 2 with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage, and a Dual Core A5 Processor. Model Number A1396. Repair is complicated and requires heat and prying.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G SIM tray stuck

I've removed the SIM tray from my iPad 2 and I've put it on a table. Few minutes later, by mistake, someone put a heavy book on it, and the book warped the tray. Stupidly, I tried to insert it in the slot anyway and it got in successfully (without SIM). Now, althought I can't remove it anymore. What can I do, please? My iPad is out of warranty.

If you cant remove it in the normal method it will have to be disassembled to remove and replace it, warranty wouldn't help in this case by the way, I would try hard to remove it on your own, if you could get it started to come out you could grab it with small pliers and pull it the rest of the way, it went in so it may come back out, good luck, If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

If you can find the correct size screw you can try to thread it in the hole you use to put pin in to eject the tray and try pulling it out that way.

I did a mistake by putting in a "nano" sim instead of "micro" sim I'm my IPad 4. The sim tray along with a nano sim got stuck in ipad4. Any suggestions friends?

In this case since it is jammed or damaged. You will want to follow the guide here on the forums for removing the digitizer. You will need complete access to the tray in order to remove. Here is the guide iPad 2 Repair Please choose the correct one according to your model#. When you reach the section that requires removing the sim tray- stop for a second and before you do remove the sim tray's screws follow this step. There is a trigger you will see at the top left most corner of the Ipad closest to the bezel screw. See if you can press this down firmly with an eraser. This may do the trick. If not, you will need remove the tray housing to access the aluminum tray and then cut it off inside with some pliers. Then order a new one. Hope this helps.

Jacopo Jannone will be eternally grateful.