The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

The temperature of the heatgun required for the ps3 YLOD fix

I live in the UK and as such the only kit I can buy for the YLOD ps3 fix is one that doesn't include the heat gun. I am going to buy a heat gun separately but in the video guide it says to set the gun to the 'low setting', which will be different depending on what heat gun I get. So, how hot do I need the heat gun to get?

Thanks, guys.

Ben Tilley, for a decent reflow you want to be between 225 and 235 degrees Celsius for about 90 seconds. You don't want to be above 217 degrees Celsius for longer than 3 minutes. Even a mediocre heat gun should accomplish that. You'll find a decent write up about a good procedure right here. Remember you only want to liquify the solder, not melt it off :-) Hope this helps, good luck.

Hi there, I know this is an old post but i found it on google and has helped me fix over 10 ps3's so far, i made an account here just to say thankyou oldturkey03 :)

Ben Tilley will be eternally grateful.