Model A1013, A1052, A1085, or A1107 / 1440x900 screen resolution

Socket/Holder for the touchtab-flex-cable is off the Logic Board

Hi There!

I own a Powerbook 17inch with 1,67GHz.

I am not so sure how to describe but a give it a go:

The well known Display problem occurred and i tried to fix it myself. Since I have done things like now-and-then, generally speaking: no problem to do so and succeed. Unfortunately though soon I wanted to take off the top-case with the Keyboard on it, I forgot to unplug/release first the Flex-Cable of the Trackpad/Touchpad from its Holder, which is brazed/welded with the Logic-Board. And unfortunately the holder is off the Logic-Board now. I tried to glue it back, but it wont work. And by now The Holder itself is broken.

.

My request now is:

I would need exactly this Holder for the 14 pol Pin Flex-Cable for touchpad. The Flex-Cable itself should be aright. Do you sell this small part, if not. Could you pleas give me some advice where to get them. That would be appreciated much!

.

.

Thanks a lot upfront, happy Xmas and all the best for the Year 2013!

Lorenso Bokrezion

Lorenso -

Sorry to say the socket connector is part of the main logic board and can't be replaced by it's self.

You'll need to replace the logic board to fix this. You may want to think about getting a new system given the age of your system.

Dan

Thanks for your response.

Generally you are right. I am also on the way of getting a newer system. It is too pity and sham to throw away that one just because of that socket. Other then that it works just fine. I only need that holder-socket and a technician would weld it for me and my PB should be back to life ;). He ordered one but the size is slightly bigger then needed. The gap between the pins ist - as mentioned - slightly big.

Lorenso

Dan

Thanks for your response.

Generally speaking you are right. I am also on the way of getting a newer system. It is too pity and sham though to throw away that one just because of that tiny socket. Other then that it works just fine.

I only need that holder-socket and a technician would weld it for me and my PB should be back to life ;). He ordered one but the size is slightly bigger then needed. The gap between the pins ist - as mentioned - slightly big.

Lorenso

fixlob will be eternally grateful.