0

dustytill
11

New Battery, won't charge up

Hi ! I have recently bought a new battery for my iPod, because the last one was starting to have a short duration of use. But the problem is that the new battery won't charge up : the battery logo show that it's fully loaded after 1 minute, and the it drains after 1 minute too, and that's only when I plug the iPod to the sector, otherwise the sreen keeps flashing with le Apple logo. If I put back the older battery, everything works, but I don't wanna do this. Someone help ? Thanks

Edited by: David Hodson ( )

1

dustytill, if it works with the old battery, but not the new one, exchange the battery. It sounds like you have a gotten a bad battery. Hope this helps, good luck.

Hi. Are you sure of this ? Cause I don't wanna buy another one if it doesn't work again...Thanks

dustytill,

You did say that the old battery works, but not the new one. To me that definitely means that it is your battery. Anything else is just a guess, you got to find a place to start....

I have to specify that my older battery was 580 mAh one, and the newer is a 850 mAh for a longer battery life. Does that make a difference ?

dustytill,

the mAh won't make a difference for as long as they are physically the same. Make sure they are the same thickness.

No they aren't the same thickness, but why does it matter ?

dustytill,