The Kenmore Elite HE3 is 7.2 cu. ft. capacity electric dryer by Kenmore.

"Contol locked" light is on. Nothing else responds.

The "control locked" red light is on and the dryer will not respond when any other button is pushed. What to do?

Thank you for the Control Lock reset fix! Worked great and saved me possibly a few hundred dollars on repairs! :)

I have a Whirlpool Duet and I had to hold the End of Cycle button for about 3 seconds. Thanks!

If lock light wont go off,wont reset,You Can Wash dishes! Just drive a finishing nail into lock light til it goes out. I swear you will have full wash powers, just won't lock.But, I Never knew it had a lock till it stuck. I did this,as instructed by appliance serviceman of 40yrs. It works perfectly fine and no $ outta my wallet. This is a 20 yr old washer, not saying do it on newer model Kenmore D/W.

I tried everything else.. I literally smashed a finishing nail into the light and my piece of crap Kenmore dishwasher came to life instantly.

Totally incredible. Thanks Rusty.. Awesome advice!!

I'm tearing down my house in 4-6 months and I did not want to install a new dishwasher, so this certainly got the job done!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Worked for me. I did it with the power off and removed the finishing nail. I cannot understand how this could work. Lets see how long it lasts!!!!!!!!!!!

Deborah, try this first:"

Press and hold for 3 seconds the "Control Lock/Unlock" button on the control panel to lock the control panel. Listen for a double beep and observe the "Control Lock" status light is lit when the control lock is in effect. Press and hold for 3 seconds the "Control Lock/Unlock" button on the control panel to unlock the control panel. The "Control Lock" status light is goes out when the control panel is unlocked.

thank you, saved me a ton i was about to call a repair guy, and of course the machine says exactly what to do on it!!!

OMG! Thanks! I was not looking forward o calling Sears tomorrow! You Rock!

I tried that many times it's printed right near the button

Still won't start

Yeap it works! Thanks

it worked!!!! I can cancel the dryer appt!!! THANK YOU!!

In addition to Oldturkeys answer, try unplugging it for five minutes to allow it to reset.

I unplugged when all else failed still didn't work

I'm gonna try that now

I have a Kenmore Elite he3 and I have to hold the "Drain/Spin" button "AND" the main "Start (Press & Hold)" button at the same time for 3 seconds. Works every time.

Seriously you just saved my life!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

I have the HE4. I tried all of this, and they didn't work. However, I pressed and held the "Auto Dry Level" just to test other things, and it did the trick for me. Appreciate the input because I wouldn't have tried it otherwise though.

Thanks for that information..it worked! :)

I held the auto steam button for 3 seconds and it worked

I've tried holding the auto dry button I've unplugged for over an hour and still won't turn off control lock please help

I am having the same problem. CONTROL LOCKED light is on. I've tried holding the AUTO DRY LEVEL button and nothing happens. Anyone have any other ideas??? PLEASE!?!?

did you fix it? is not working for me either

Hello I have a kenmore elite h4 front loader dryer and I had been having problems on it to turn on beeping noise and light out of control beeping will not turn on til it want to what is the problem? Help

It worked. Thank you so much!

Deborah will be eternally grateful.