Do you have any suggestions on removing stripped screws?

I have stripped three of the 1.5mm screws securing my trackpad to the top case. Despite applying sufficient pressure, the #00 screwdriver I was supplied with stripped the screw heads like butter.

My question is, does anybody have any suggestions for removing stripped screws? My first thought would be using long nosed pliers to grip the edges of the screws, then rotate.

As an aside, does anyone have a source for obtaining these screws? I would obviously need replacements.

Hi Mark, I've had good luck with this list of the 12 best ways to remove stripped screws (the rubber band trick will probably work well here).

If none of those work, iFixit also has a Precision Screw Extraction Kit that should be able to get those out.

Heat up with heat gun carefully. If you are afraid of using heat gun which is extremely dangerous since it may destroy other nearby components, you can use soldering iron. When it's very hot, use medium size players and unscrew anti clockwise. It should come out.

I used a pair of needle nose pliers to extract 4 stripped screws. And because I'm too impatient to wait for a order of new screws to be shipped, I installed the new trackpad using this same method =)

Oh, and I did get out 1 screw which I didn't manage to completely strip yet, using the rubber band method that was mentioned.

Mark will be eternally grateful.