My screen has gone very dark!

Hi there I did a very silly thing and am now regretting it!! I shook my laptop!! And now the screen has gone very dark!! There is someshadow of the browser which is on start up but I can't see anything!! Have I lost my screen... can this be easily fixed and is there a run through of how I can replace the screen if need be...I've seen a screen on ebay going so may put a bid on that if this one has died!!!Thanks for any help Ruth

Thank you Lemerise I think you may have it the F2 button just adjusts the brightness it isn't that... I will attempt to bid on a new screen from ebay... Thanks again is there a run through somewhere so that I don't get this wrong!!! It's my own fault got cross with hotmail not sendiong my messages and took it out non my laptop not a bright idea literally!!!!

The F1/ F2 buttons settle the power flow that the backlight lamp will receive. Brightness = backlight lamp intensity.

Ruth, just an advice: next time shake your boy friend, your cat or your hamster but not the iBook...LOL.

If you still see a faint image of the desktop then try the mayer suggestion. If it doesn't work then:

- the inverter cable might be disconnected from the logic board. I don't think it could be disconnected from the inverter board end cause the connector is firmly inserted in the inverter board.

- shaking the iBook broke the fragile backlight lamp in the LCD panel.

If the backlight lamp is broken you can buy a used iBook G4 LCD panel off ebay and even use a iBook G3 panel that will perfectly fit in your iBook G4

maybe there is a connection gone loose (sorry if it's not english - not my main language)

Try pushing the F2 key several times.

ruth will be eternally grateful.