Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Which part replaces keyboard/trackpad ribbon?

My keyboard and trackpad frequently stop working (completely). After digging around, I found this link that explains the problem is the ribbon cables under the battery. Following those instructions fixes the problem. However it's janky and I want a real (more permanent) fix.

What part do I need to replace the ribbon cables? I can't tell from the pictures of the parts on iFixit if the keyboard has all the parts I need or something else.

Thanks for the help

John

Which MacBook Pro do you have?

afaik - it's only the ribbon cable whats defective (apple service changes often the keyboard too - but the problem is the cable)

if you follow the apple support thread - you will see that it comes back - even if you replace the cable - the problem will stay

a fix would be something to fixate the ribbon - or prevent it from being bent.

John Pelly will be eternally grateful.