Can the iopener be used for display?

Can the iOpener suggested for the iPad repairs, be used on a MacBook Pro glass display cover?

Hey Nacho. When the iOpener comes out of the microwave, it will be about 170 degrees Fahrenheit (~77 Celsius). We haven't tried it on a MacBook Pro yet, but I suspect it would work.

Thanks a lot Brett! I've looking for your experience about the Glass removal, because I've thinking it will work too in a Macbook air.

thanks again!

It would help in softening the adhesion, just like a heat gun does with less risk of damage.

This answer was originally to another question.

It will most likely be able to be used on the MacBook. Although it is not recommended.

Thanks for your answer, but, why you think is not recommended?

Actually, I've thinking is less dangerous and risky to use, but I don't know if is hot enough to make the job in a Mbp glass.

Thanks so much.

How long do you microwave the iOpener for?

We recommend microwaving it for one minute, then waiting three to four minutes to microwave it again. If you microwave it too much, it might overheat and break down.

Is is reusable

yes, definitely. The iOpener can be used many, many times. Make sure to wait a few minutes between microwavings, however, or else it will dry out and overheat.

Martin Higgins will be eternally grateful.