15.6" Windows 7 laptop with aluminum surfaces and IceCool technology.

Can I resolder the contacts on my ac adaptor input jack?

I have a faulty input jack for my ac adaptor.(It is the jack on the laptop). It is loose, and I suspect it may have broken solder joints. I would like to test that theory, before replacing the jack itself. Does this sound feasible? I plan on using the dis-assembly guide, available on your website.

Thank you for your input! I Knew that once I found the guide for diassembling The ASUS k53e, it would be much less trouble to fix this thing. I've been fixing just about anything that friends/relatives bring me for many years. I've aquired many interests, and hobbies over the years, & I have a very well equiped shop at home. I am very glad that I found this site while researching this project... I can't wait to begin contributing to the "pool" of knowledge. Thanks again.

Thank you for accepting my answer, and welcome to ifixit. It is always good to have new people with a variety of knowledge that are willing to share their knowledge. :-)

Tim Cruzen, it is absolutely feasible, and very possible that this is what causes your issues. . Even if you would have to replace the jack completely, after all it really is only around $5 max and readily available at many places. The soldering is also straight forward.

Its nearly always the positive post that breaks on these. You can kinda rig it to start charging again if you aren't confident in removing/replacing it on the board but for a permanent fix, it would need replaced

Tim Cruzen will be eternally grateful.