iPhone 4S

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

[SOLVED] LED light always on, what could be the reason?

My LED light on my iPhone 4S stay always on. I try to re-initialyze the phone without success on LED light (the camera flash in fact).

I have all updates done, and it doesn't change anything, even when I turn off the phone.

Otherwise it works well. The phone isn't cracked or breached.

Any solution ?

Thanks for your time !

Testing with parts of my wife's iPhone... and it's working....

No problems with connectors in both parts

So I have to change for new part....

Final Update

Replacing Rear camera quite easily... and it works well now.

Thank you all for your disponibility !

I will check the camera to see if it works.... Maybe I have to change these ?

by xgonin

Interesting problem, I have had 1 phone in my shop with this exact problem and it turned out to be corrosion on the motherboard (water damage) , I would disassemble your phone and inspect all parts and treat any corroded spots with alcohol and a toothbrush, good luck. iPhone 4S Teardown

Thanks for your quick answer, but I'm sure that I never had water damage. I'll try to disassemble it and inspect it... Wait and See !

by xgonin

Thanks I would love to hear what you find out.

by Mitch Rush

Nothing special found after inspection of my iPhone... No corrosion, all connectors OK, the liquid indicator is white.... Maybe it is an hardware issue ?

by xgonin

Yes, I would try replacing the Camera-led next, they are cheap, if that doesn't work you should try restoring it, several times if necessary, I know that's a pain but I have had to do that several times to make a camera work correctly, something else, if you don't have a flashlight app I would get one and see if you can turn the led off with the app open, keep us posted, good luck !

by Mitch Rush

Hi ! It doesn't change anything with an App with flash, like iTorch. I can turn on and off the light with the App. When closing the App, the symptoms are the same....

by xgonin

Last time I had a wet phone with this issue I cleaned the connectors for the camera and it worked fine afterwards.

Yes but mine wasn't wet at all !

by xgonin

xgonin will be eternally grateful.