PlayStation 3 Repair

The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

Why does my ps3 green light go red and shut off?

so i tried fixing the ps3 after ylod i reassembled my ps3 but now the green light is dim and blinks red...anything i can do to save my ps3?

Hi, seems like u need to reflow the motherboard. Search on the internet for how to use an oven to help you do this at home. However, I recommend that u watch a couple of videos and then attempt it. Clear all ur doubts before you try to do it. Write back on what u did. Good luck.

by John Savio

hey thank you for replying back ! as to cleaning the mother board ...i am guessing i got to remove the freshly put thermal paste huh? there seemed to be some thermal paste on ps3 and other stuff on ps3 that probably got there from last time i sent it to get fixed any secure way to clean the motherboard? would i have to get new pads aswell? or i can i peel em off and stick em back after with thermal paste?

by ivan

most definately it needs REFLOW (if its fat model you good 99% of success, SLIM model 5% chance)

1. take it apart, clean any excess of grease, dust, dirt or old heatpaste leftovers

2, reflow (put your board in preheated oven at 210C with fan setting on for about 6-7 mins

3. let the board cool naturally, don't rush

4. reapply heatsink compound 1mm layer on both chips.

5. re-assemble

should be 99% chances

by ivan

clean it of as much as you can so it resembles picture of new object. anywhere you have to use liquid to clean use only isopropanol alcohol (IPA) - does miracles. toothbrush also :) let me know with the progress

by Lukas OKZ technician

ivan will be eternally grateful.