iPod 4th generation forgot password

i forgot my password and i cant log in please help me?

I Cant do none of that because i cant use the computer how so you reset it without that cause i locked myself out

by Jaanai Simmons

Most Helpful Answer

jordan goulet,here is my answer to the same question "you can restore the device on the the same computer that you normally use to sync your iPod. Put the device into DFU mode, then open iTunes. Select your iPod in the sidebar, and click restore. This will restore the device to factory setting but it will DELETE ALL YOUR DATA if you have not backed it up, it will be lost. You put your iPod in DFU by

Turn off iPod

Hold power button for 3 sec

Hold power and home button for 10 sec

Continue to hold home button until iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. The screen should remain black. This should reset your password. Hope this helps, good luck.

You don't actually need the same computer that you've used in the past. I've done a lot of these on my computer and they were never hooked up to that specific computer before.

Just open iTunes on any computer.

Turn your iPod off.

Hold down the home button while plugging in the cord to connect it to the computer.

Keep holding it down until you see a cord on your iPod.

iTunes will ask you to restore, do so.

You're all set, but you're going to loose all your data.

jordan goulet will be eternally grateful.