Replaced dock assembly, can't adjust the ringer volume anymore etc.?
So I replaced the dock connector in a friend's iPhone 3G 16GB.
Things that DON'T work any more:
- I can't hear anyone via the earpiece when I call
- I can't adjust ringer volume when I don't use a headset (the volume icon appears when pressing the volume buttons, but without the grey/white bars)
- There is no ringer any more at all
- I can't use the speaker for the iPod app
- Ringer/vibrator switch doesn't seem to work either
- Nor does the proximity sensor
Things that DO work:
- I can hear the start-up tone when I turn on the iPhone
- I can call via headset, both speak and hear
- I can put the phone on speaker
- I can change the volume both when on speaker and via headset
- I can change ringer volume when using a headset
- Mic records sound
So the speaker of the new dock assembly is not broken and the volume buttons. What can be wrong?
Also at random times I get the warning "This accessory is not optimized for this iPhone".
Is this a good question?