0

jose
1

Messed up where number 3 on the logic board goes any ideas?

when i open it it snapped out it is so small where you plug it in that I messed up where it goes to small to soder out I guess..

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , rab777hp ( )

0

hectordtruong

You have to desolder the old connector and solder on a new one. I have the repair detailed on my blog. It takes a very fine-tipped soldering iron, and steady hands. I do all of these repairs under a microscope. If the phone malfunctions after the repair, there's a possibility that there is a short somewhere.

http://hectordtruong.blogspot.com/

0

Turbo Fredriksson
133

I got the same problem. To many open/close I guess :).

Luckily, my younger brother is a real star with surface mounted components. But tracking down a new one was a lot harder!

Finaly I found a site: http://www.earth2k.com/fpc-ribbon/

Doesn't cost a fortune, but a little on the expensive, especially with S&H to Sweden! But it still beats a brand new iPhone :).

Before I realized that my brother could do this, I did a search on the 'Net to see how difficult it was. Nothing for the faint-of-heart! It's not impossible, but way to ... risky for me. So instead I looked at some forums (there where quite a lot of them!) and found some people that said the could do this. So I thought about mailing a few of them and ask if they could do it for me...

Luckily I didn't have to, but this is an idea for the rest of you...

My brother have now replaced the connector and even though he have experience in small electronic gizmos, this was the smallest he's ever soldered! And my phone works just fine (although I can't turn it off for some reason - even though the whole button assembly have been replaced!).

Turbo Fredriksson,