The slim edition of the classic Xbox 360 with a 250GB HDD and built-in Wi-Fi. Repair requires intricate prying and special tools.

Why dose my xbox say play dvd instead of saying play game?

i replaced my old disk drive with a new one and as i put in a game, it says play dvd. so when i click on that it tries to play a movie but goes o a wite screen that says xbox 360. i have already tried swapping the old board with the new disk dive and it would just say "open tray" as it did before. what should i do? or how should i fix it?

See I have the same except I bought a brand mother board for mine and I'm using the old disk drive but when I put a game in it says,"play game," or ,"play DVD," even I've got a game in the console so like I don't know

turn off your xbox and then back on again worked for me

Each DVD Drive in the Xbox 360's are "married" to the CPU. When you turn on the Xbox 360, the CPU reads the DVD Drive's Firmware which has it's unique key.

Once you replace a drive, the key is no longer correct and valid for that system so it will not play any games and you will just get a "Play DVD".

The only thing you can do is if you still have the original DVD Drive, extract the key and flash it to the new drive.

I hope this helps.

whats problem if we forgot the key? help please i was updated my xbox to versi 15547 using usb when i completly updated and put my dvd game its say play dvd when and turn in symbol xbox 360

Pardon my ignorance and limited technical knowledge but how would I extract the key and flash it to the new drive?

What if u dont have the old disk drive anymore what else can I do ?

what if you never changed it? it was working yeasterday but not today??

Maybe the lens is not working properly

if you have swaped the board over and you get open tray

fit a new laser will solved that problem

Justed swap the boards much more easy. Justed make sure it's the same drive as the one you got in your Xbox are it won't work.

Rob, that is usually a good answer, but in this case is was already tried :"i have already tried swapping the old board with the new disk dive and it would just say".....

Try this!! Really helped!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REzASFzhM...

Steve Alexandrowicz will be eternally grateful.