How do you remove door from Jenn-Air JMW9527BAB Oven?
My Oven Door - Jenn Air model# JMW9527BAB, does not have the standard removal method. No sliding bar or the ability to lift & remove.
The dust inside the glass is terrible, so I want to remove & clean.
stuart, here is what the service manual suggest :
Open the oven door as wide as possible.
Place an 1/8" pin in the hole on the right and left door hinges, see Figure 2-1,
Remove the screws from each side with a Phillips screwdriver.
Remove the lock plate from each side, Figure 2-1
Raise the oven door up to a broil stop position. In this position, it will be against the 1/8" pin.
Grasp the door toward the top on both sides. Lift the door up and out to remove.
"SERVICING OVEN DOOR
1. Lay the oven door on a protected surface with the inner door panel facing down.
2. Remove three screws from lower trim.Remove trim piece.
3. Slide outer-door glass down to disengage from top trim. Remove.
4. Remove three screws from top oven door trim. Remove the two 3/8" nuts from the door handle bracket.
5. Lift up and off. This will disengage the side trim as well.
6. Remove the oven window pack by removing the 3/8" nuts from the insulation retainer."
Hope this helps, good luck.