MacBook Core 2 Duo

Model A1181 / 1.83, 2, 2.1, 2.16, 2.2, or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Replacement drive selection Super or Combo

Have a friends Macbook Core 2 Duo with a very dead DVD/CD drive. It will not take a disc nor does the O/S note it exists.

Your guides are great and feel I owe you to at least buy the replacement drive from you, however, therein lies the problem.

Do I need the $99 Superdrive or the $199 Combodrive?

Which one is SATA and which is PATA?? I is confused!!!

With the drive totally dead how can I ID the old drive without taking the computer apart twice just to get the model number?

Your reply will be appreciated and welcome. And a speedy order will follow. Maybe less the $2.95 quarter though... ;)

Bill

Please give us the last three figures of your serial number so we know exactly which machine you have.

by mayer

Thank you Mayer The S/N: ......CNWGN I've looked it up and it seems to point to a Combo Drive, the higher priced and far less capable unit, but I would like to hear your choice. IF the Super Drive could be used, it would be nice. Bill

by wimstuff

Yes you could put a superdrive in it. . .

If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.

wimstuff will be eternally grateful.