Repair manuals for fixing accessories made for Nintendo's numerous video game consoles.

Strange rainbow color smudge under the Wii U gamepad screen

So the other day I noticed a weird rainbow smudge under the g&mepad screen. I cant wipe it off since it,s under, I dont know why it's there and behaves strangly. When I swipe my finger across the screen the amudge follows and when I release it goes back to it's original position. The gamepad still works great and its barely noticable while playing but I was wondering if its a problem and how I can fix it please help.

Hello there,

I noticed something similar on my Gamepad when I was setting up the system, but after some use I don't see it anymore. I also placed a screen protector on the Gamepad, so that may also have something to do with not seeing it. I don't believe it has anything to do with a defect in the Gamepad, but rather just how light is reflected within the flexible screen. Others have described it as a "grease smudge", but I honestly don't believe it's anything to worry about...and I'm pretty OCD with these things!

Hope this helps!

AJ

Ha, I am the same way. Thank's alot your answer really helps. No big deal then, I can get back to my games thanks again

Sam will be eternally grateful.