The MacBook family was first introduced in May 2006 and replaced the iBook as Apple's consumer laptop.

No status light on magsafe cord

This morning my MacBook was fully charged. I know becuase the light on the magsafe cord was green. When I went to charge my laptop a few hours later, I plugged in the power cord and the light doesn't light up. Also, on my desktop, where the battery time is at the top, it does not say "charging". I am assuming there is something wrong with the magsafe connection. I had to replace my original power cord about 10 months ago. All the connectors appear clean and have worked up until today.

Most Helpful Answer

First you should try either of the following to diagnose what's wrong:

1) Try the charger with a different computer, see if it works

2) Try the computer with a different charger, see if it works

If the charger works with a different computer then you need to replace the dc-in board on your MacBook (tell us which one it is and we'll link you). If the computer works with a different charger then the charger is broken and should be replaced. If the computer does not work with a different charger then it's a bad dc-in board as well.

+1 Ralph

Travis True will be eternally grateful.