0

George Wiley
1

Broken headphone jack, tried to replace, but...

Ive got a new hold switch/headphone jack for my iPod. However when I went to install it I realised I have lost/broken off the little brown clip that holds the connector in place on the logic board (http://s1.guide-images.ifixit.com/igi/6G...). There is no way it will hold without the clip. Is there anything I can do, or am I able to purchase another clip?

Edited by: oldturkey03, machead3, and rj713 ( ) , rab777hp ( )

0

Ben Eisenman

Unfortunately, I'm aware of anywhere that sells just the clip.

Some have had nominal success with electrical tape holding down the cable, but this is temporary and not very likely to work.

Your best bet is most likely to purchase a dead logic board off of eBay and carefully scavenge the clip.

Good luck!

0

maverick60
1

that happen to me with an iphone and I just had to use an electric style putty/rubber cement to fix it. I tried the electric putty on one item and haven't had a problem. However I quickly relies that with the putty it would make it difficult to re-repair if needed so i went with the rubber cement and it works great on my iPod for this purpose.

Hope this helps Ciao,

Maverick6017