MacBook Pro does not charge anymore the battery after splash of water
Problem seen after a splash of water onto the screen of the macbook pro, and between the screen & keyboard.
1) Symptom :
- macbook pro does not start anymore in normal condition.
- The LED of the charger does not display anymore.
. macbook pro to be connected with the charger - AC Adapter to the main.
. First start requires a SMC reset, then macbook pro can start/stop normally and works fine.
. But : the fan runs always full speed, battery is not detected at all, the LED of the charger does not display.
2) Recovery procedure : insert a charged battery (brand new one) into the macbook pro.
- macbook pro starts/stops normally and works well : with or without electrical power supply.
- fan works normally.
Remaining symptom after recovery :
- macbook pro does not charge the battery.
- The LED of the charger does not display.
I went to an Apple store and we have validated the recovery procedure (see 2) ) which seems to reveal at the end of the day the real issue “macbook pro does not charge anymore the battery”.
My charger works fine with another macbook (LED is green), and a new charger to my macbook pro has same issue : LED is off.
Do you have any clues on what could be wrong :
- Can it be a mother board issue ?
Or is it a magsafe board issue ?
- something else ?
Is this a good question?