Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

White screen on 3GS, replaced with 3G. Now original screen is dead

I have an iPhone 3GS with the know white screen of death. The problem appeared to be the display cable, because when applying a little pressure on it the display worked.

I received a new LCD and after installing it remained black. Switched back to the original display and it remained black too. The phone is still recognised by iTunes as I was able to do a restore.

I noticed the connectors are a bit different and after searching I noticed I received a display for an iPhone 3G.

My question is, should I order a new display and try again or is there a bigger damage caused by using the wrong display?

It's ic display broken

Most Helpful Answer

Nick, you should be okay for as long as you did not bend anything else in the connector. Take a good look at the contacts, make sure they are not bend or broken.

Nothing is broken. My concern is whether something got short-circuited.

Most likely not. Biggest issue with that error, and it happens more often than you think, is a broken connector.

Hi, u cannot put a 3g display to a 3gs display!!!!

Nick will be eternally grateful.