Satellite Pro C850-14C Maximum Expandable Memory?

What is the maximum amount of RAM I should expand my laptop to for optimum performance? I currently have 2GB of DDR3 1333mhz & I find it a bit slow. I was thinking of going to 4GB, but the toshiba website says that it can expand to 8GB. I'm just afraid that my processor, which is a Intel® Celeron® Processor B820, won't be able to utilize the full 8GB... Any help with this would be great thanks

Generally speaking if the maker indicates the computer can use 8 GB of RAM it should be able to use the full amount. If you have doubts I would contact Toshiba customer service for confirmation. Good luck.

You usually get the biggest improvement by increasing your RAM, your processor is a close second. So, go with the maximum that you can get/afford. Yes, your computer with its current processor will manage 8GB just fine.

Hi, according to the specs on this website (http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/i...) u can upgrade to 8gb 1333MHz ram. There will be no problem with ur processor being unable to handle the ram. What I would recommend is go for 4gb in total ram, also make sure u have the 64-bit OS, because 32-bit can only handle 3.25GB of the total ram installed. Write back on what u think. Good luck.

On a second thought if u r willing to spend a little more money I think u should upgrade ur processor. Follow the link for compatible processors, but keep in mind not all those processors might be supported by ur motherboard. Search around a bit and I am sure there are bargains on ebay. Good luck.

http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket%...

Richard will be eternally grateful.