Acer entered the world of laptop computers in 1997 when it purchased Texas Instruments' mobile PC division.

Complete meltdown after factory reset

I have an Acer aspire Windows 7 x64 that was giving me issues so I did a factory reset on it. I've done this before with no problems on this very computer, but during this last time everything seemed to have gone horribly wrong. Everything is running extremely slow and when trying to use an Internet browser it freezes before loading every page but usually load eventually even if it says that it's not responding. Other things won't load and I have no idea what the problem is. When I go on to Firefox which is my primary browser, I get an error saying that the script cannot be read. The error reads as such:

Chrome://saff/content/saffplg.js.524

I don't know what other information I can give you, this was just such a great computer before and I would really appreciate it if someone can help me get it back in order. Thank you!

It's not the computer :-) its a script error and thus software related....

Looks to me like you are using McAffee on your computer. I believe that is their script that slows you down. You may have to uninstall the McAffee Site Advisor and see if it makes a difference.

I am using them, but always have. Why would it make a difference now?

The script error is what makes the difference. Possibly the restore to default is what created this conflict. I am not saying to not use it, but at least uninstall it and see what happens. It might be possible to reinstall it after again.

Whatever was giving you issues could have corrupted a file. In cases like these its a good idea to remove and re-install the program to clear everything up. +

Rebecca will be eternally grateful.